Prerequisites to install Team Foundation System
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0.
- Install IIS 6.0 before you install Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- install SQL Server 2005 on Windows Server 2003 as Window Authentication
- Install Service Pack 2 (SP2) for SQL Server 2005
- Following components must be install
- SQL Server Database Services
- Analysis Services
- SQL Browser Service
- Reporting Services
- Collation settings of SQL server
- Must be accent sensitive
- Must be case insensitive
- Must not be Binary
- Must not be Binary - code point
- For windows SharePoint Services 3.0 you can take any of the following approaches:
- You can install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 automatically as you deploy Team Foundation Server on a server that is running Windows Server 2003.
- You can install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 yourself on a server that is running Windows Server 2003. After installation is complete, you must then follow the steps for using an existing installation
- You can use an existing installation of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 if you first verify it and then virtually extend and configure the default Web site and services.
- Create Three User Accounts on Active directory.
- Used to install Team Foundation Server.
This account must be an administrator on Team Foundation Server computers. The account must be a member of the same domain as the following two service accounts. For example, you cannot have the two service accounts on a domain and then use a local account to install Team Foundation Server
- Used as the service account by Windows services for Team Foundation Server and the SharePoint Timer Service.
- Used as the application pool identity by the Microsoft Team Foundation Server Application Pool and can also be used for the Windows SharePoint Services application pools.
- Must have the Log on as a service permission.
For optimal security, this service account:
- Should not be an administrator on the servers that run Team Foundation Server components.
- Used as the service account for data sources by SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Must have the Allow log on locally permission.
This account should not be an administrator on the servers that run Team Foundation Server components.
- Ports Required for Installation
SQL Browser Service
SQL Server Analysis Service Redirector
SQL Server Analysis Service
SQL Server Reporting Service
Default Web site
SharePoint Central Administration
Team Foundation Server
- Run the setup of Team Foundation system for DVD.
- Setup first verify all the prerequisites to install the TFS, if check list is clear then setup allow user to install TFS.
- After verification of check list, Setup first ask for service account [TFSSERVICE] then Report server user [TFSREPORT].
- All steps are clear in TFS installation guide under "How to: Install Team Foundation Server " section.
Disaster Recovery of Team System
- You need to install Fresh Team system or place an image of Srv-Data on server.
- Restore all seven databases of team system, two databases of Share point services and two databases of reporting service.
- Store the encryption key of Team system in "Reporting Services Configuration", this tool is available under All program --> Microsoft SQL server --> Configuration Tools --> Reporting Service Configuration. Please see the below image.